Thursday, November 20, 2008

Just Read!

So I've been reading a lot lately (OK I am a librarian so not really a biggie!) But stuff that's been really affecting me. And I wonder if chose to read these things because I need too, or if its just luck. Tim Winton's Breath - which I hated by the way - but cannot stop thinking about. That first chapter hit me so hard I cried in the cafe and couldn't go on.
Now Jenny Downham's Before I die. Again a first chapter, a first paragraph even.About a boy who looks at her 'as if I'm beautiful' oh so poignant. And isn't that such a feeling. (ok getting mushy sorry)
And also the 19th wife which is a fascinating read -about the latter day saints and the polygamy and how it affects the women (and the men) Great read if you are looking for one!
Ok so I guess the point is - just read what you like, and even if you don't like it, it may still reach out to you or change the way you see the world.
And we all need someone to look at us as if we are beautiful!

No comments: